Hello Everyone. Today we are going to share step by step guide on how to install android 9.0 pie on xiaomi redmi note 5 pro. As all you know xiaomi is not always release latest android update for most of mi smartphones. So here we are back with good news for xiaomi redmi note 5 pro (whyred) users.
Developers has managed to port oneplus OxygenOS 9.0 for redmi note 5 pro device. As you know xiaomi redmi note 5 pro currently running on android oreo 8.1 OS and as per official source there are no any pie update will be release for redmi note 5 pro.
Pixel Experience and Pixel Experience Extended is also based on android 9.0 pie but the Oxygen OS is better then other ROM as of now.
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with an unlocked bootloader – To Unlock the bootloader of your device, apply Here
- Oxygen OS 9.0.2 port – Download the latest ROM ZIP file from Here
- Redwolf TWRP for Redmi Note 5 Pro – You can download the recovery file from Here
- Bypass Anti-rollback – Download the ZIP file from Here
- ADB software (For Windows) / Android zip file (For Mac)
If You Are Using Mac Follow This:
- Extract the Android zip and place the folder on your Desktop.
- Open Terminal
- Type cd Desktop/Android
- Enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh
Make Sure You Have Unlocked Bootloader Before Proceed to Flash
How to Flash ROM?
- Switch off the phone and boot into Fastboot mode by long pressing Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to PC by USB cable.
- Open command prompt on your PC and navigate to the folder where you have downloaded Zip to bypass anti-rollback and install Redwolf TWRP Recovery ZIP.
- Type ‘fastboot devices’ in command prompt and check if the device is detected by the system.
- If the system detects the phone, type ‘fastboot flash antirbpass dummy.img’ and hit enter, now type ‘fastboot flash recovery redwolf-027-official-whyred’ and hit enter, the process will be completed in seconds.
- Now long press the Volume up and Power Button to boot the phone in recovery mode.
- It will ask to allow modifications, Slide towards the right to allow Modifications.
- Select ‘Wipe’, and choose ‘Advanced Wipe’, tick on ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’, ‘System’. ‘Data’, ‘Cache’ and then swipe towards the right to Wipe.
- Go back and click on ‘Install’, navigate to the location where you have stored ROM file, it’s better to keep ROM file on SD Card or USB OTG drives. Select the ROM file and swipe towards the right to flash.
- Click on ‘Reboot’, within 10 minutes device will boot with Oxygen OS port.
Warning: Bootloader unlocking and flashing ROM may void the warranty of your device, OKTricks.Com are not responsible for any damage or loss caused to your device. The credits for porting the ROM and developing Redwolf Recovery go to their respective developers.
Features of Oxygen OS ROM:
- Performance and Benchmarks:
As all you know Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 is one of the best powerful processor in this segment. The xiaomi redmi note 5 pro got AnTuTu score of 113283 after installing oxygen os.
- Software, UI, and Apps:
Oxygen OS 9.0.2 is ported from One Plus 6 device, it is based on Android 9.0 (Pie) and runs on November 2018 security patch. Out of 64 GB internal storage 11 GB is occupied by the system.
In this ROM Users can choose between navigation buttons or Oxygen OS navigation gestures as per their preferences. The ROM also offers Dual 4G VoLTE, during our testing we found Jio and Airtel VoLTE working simultaneously without any issues.
As all you know Redmi Note 5 Pro doesn’t feature a notch display but there is an option to hide the notch area as OnePlus 6 features a notch which results in an issue with the apps like PUBG.
Oxygen OS doesn’t support Android Pie feature Digital Wellbeing,
Issues We Have encountered:
- Phone calls getting disconnected automatically sometimes.
- Network drop during the phone call after which the phone doesn’t detect sim cards and only a reboot could fix it.
- random freezing and reboots a couple of times.
The fingerprint sensor works flawlessly on this ROM, fingerprint response felt even faster than stock MIUI ROM and was accurate and reliable but the face unlock is broken on this build. We were able to register the face data successfully but while unlocking, the system throws an error saying “Face unlock failed. The camera is being used by other apps.”
Cam2API is enabled by default. stock Oxygen OS camera app already pre installed on this ROM.
- Download working GCam apk from Here for better results
The battery life on Oxygen OS port is not up to the mark, it lasts for a day only. I was able to get 5 hours screen on time on moderate usage with 12% charge left on my device and device lasted for 2 days on light usage.
- Fluid day to day performance
- System-wide themes and accent colors
- Bloat-free UI
- Cam2API enabled
- Gestures based navigation
- Dual 4G VoLTE support
- Poor battery life
- Face unlock doesn’t work
- Phone calls get disconnected automatically sometimes
- Network drop during the call, after which the phone doesn’t detect sim cards and only a reboot could fix it
- Freezing issues and random reboots
If you’re using Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) and want to stay updated along with great performance, MIUI like gestures and customizations, but can compromise on battery life, you should try Oxygen OS port.